Apple Onion Cinnamon Pork Chops over Crockpot Butternut Squash
For your crockpot butternut squash
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- dash of salt
For your pork chops
- 2 large pork chops, bone in
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and dice your butternut squash.
- Throw it in your crockpot with other crockpot ingredients. Cover, turn on low for 2 hours or high for 1 hour.
- Now time to prepare everything else.
- Pull out 2 medium-large size skillets, put under medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to each skillet, throw in your sliced onions in one and sliced apples in the other.
- Toss occasionally to help the onions and apples cook evenly.
- Once the onions and apples start to become translucent, add 1 tablespoon of honey to each skillet along with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to and a pinch of salt.
- Mix together and let the onions and apples caramelize a bit.
- While they finish caramelizing, prepare your chops.
- Season the pork chops with a bit of salt, pepper, cinnamon, and mustard powder on both side.
- Once apples and onions are done caramelizing, remove apples from heat, and throw your onions in the apple skillet.
- Keep onion skillet over heat, and add seasoned pork chops to sear on both sides for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Now throw your onion and apple mixture in a baking dish and place pork chops on top.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and good for 18-20 minutes (depending how thick your chops are) or until the internal temperature of the chops are around 145 degrees. Boom
- Check on your butternut squash, poke with a fork, if tender start your mashing!! I used a broken whisk, you don’t have to do that. A fork or potato masher with work just fine.
- Now plate your mashed butternut squash then a chop then apples and onions. Consume.